CLEANING OF A METAL SURFACE EXAMPLE OF BRASS SURFACE
CLEANING OF A METAL SURFACE
EXAMPLE OF BRASS SURFACE
EQUIPMENTS REQUIRED:- Newspaper, waste cotton, toothbrush
MATERIALS REQUIRED:- Washing soda, metal polish (BRASSO)
- Cover the table with news paper to protect its surface.
- Prepare a rinsing solution of three teaspoons of washing soda in a lowl of water.
- Soak tamarind and salt in plastic lowl.
- Soak the article in a rinsing solution to remove the dirt and grease. Remove and dry the article.
- Salt and tamarind paste and let it remain for a few minutes.
- Again rinse in the soda solution.
- Repeat the procedure till all the verde. Grerase is removed.
- Allow the item to dry completely then apply metal polish with the help of a rag a waste cotton.
Always shake polish, before use it is a suspension.
- Buy the article with a force till all the polish is removed and article shines.
- Incase of engraved articles, remove the polish resudue in the groves using a toothbrush.
- Rinse and dry the article.
- Clean up the work area and remove the news paper.
- Lamarind paste should be of thick consistency.
- Don’t keep the tamarind paste on the metal surface for too long or it will be develop a reddish colour.
- Don’t use too much polish or it will be difficult to remove.