"If you've read this and you have a blog, you're it - don't shirk." I read this line at the bottom of a post at bookey wookey and decided to go for it.
Not because i will manage some very cool answers, because many blog members can cook out something great out of it. This weird name u saw on the title, was coined by your very own Mr. Mangal.Please don't try to kill me for that, i couldn't find any better name hehe.
1. Do you remember learning to read? How old were you? Good question.I don't know the answer.I went to school in the year 1991. Maybe around that time.Or perhaps later.Thanks for the question i will definitely ask mom dad tomorrow.
2. What do you find most challenging to read? Good ques again. Non-fiction.Especially autobiographies and religious text. Fiction can be read faster,uses minimum brain and is more comfy.It takes months to finish a non-fiction.Huhhhh!!!!
3. What are your library habits? We don't have any proper libraries here. In school, we could only use libraries in lunch breaks. So no habits.Still i remember, if i would issue a book, it would be fiction and i would be back to the library within next 2 days.
4. Have your library habits changed since you were younger? Library questions again.I miss a library near my home.
5. How has blogging changed your reading life? No and yes. I mean these people are so sweet, they recommend me so many good books. And i don't heed to their advice. Anyways it has increased my knowledge regarding several authors and books, about whom i never knew anything.Now i am more aware reader, and to boast about my reading habits i have to read more books which is sooo bad Sob*Sob :P
6. What percentage of your books do you get from new book stores, second hand book stores, the library, online exchange sites, online retailers, other? Now this is a very good question.I try to experiment.I look for new bookstores, since i am one of those money conscious and one who has huge appetite for books, i keep on looking for good offers basically value based shopping.SO i buy most of my books these days from second hand booksellers.Cheap books in good condition, and i can buy in bulk.Then if i really find something exciting i go for bookstores for first hand books.I know many good online retailing sites, but i am not that much into online shopping.I need to feel the book.I will run a hand around it and tell you how good it is.
7. How often do you read a book and not review it on your blog? What are your reasons for not blogging about a book? Ok, i am being honest. I often don't blog about books i have read due to sheer lazynesss.Now stop laughing at me, and jump to the next question :-)
8. What are your pet peeves about the way people treat books?I don't say anything usually.But i always want to say this.don't treat them as some neglected commodities in your house."Vidya ka apmaan nai karna chahiye"[ We shouldn't disrespect knowledge]
9. Do you ever read for pleasure at work? Of course, reading is the biggest stress buster
Simple.I know what kind of person my friend or relative is.And i judge for myself which book that person should read plus my budget.For example, a guy of my age , who is interested in doing business can be gifted a book by warren Buffet, or by Richard branson if i want a cheaper option.
So its easy, for me, money and person matter.Only.
Jai SHri Ram !!!