The OLympic Medal And all that hypocrisy
۩ सर्व शकितमते परमात्मने श्री रामाय नमः۩
The Most boring thing happening these days is the olympic medal victory.
Sheer shameless Hypocrisy
* The most disgusting thing is presence of actor boxers in newsrooms, to tell you where who made the mistake and what really happened.
* People are dancing up and down that a wrestler won a bronze medal.Do they know that he had won a silver medal in the 2006 commonwealth games?Had these very same people and news people rejoiced in a similar fashion when this very man had won an Arjuna Award.
* Look at the facilities these people have grown up on.The government now so jubilant should hang their head in shame.
* The media, especially the hindi channels have shown another low they can achieve.A boxer,Akhil lost the bronze medal, and they are discussing and criticizing why he lost that match.
I am not a boxing fan, still i feel satisfied that someone had the guts,the spirit to wish a gold medal for himself and his country.If he lost, i don't want to hear a post motem of his performance.
* Abhinav Bindra again,the same case like the wrestler, is a known name in the shooting sport.
He has a long list of medals and achievements.Still it was only after a Gold medal in Olympics he is now a national hero, as the media reports it. Shame on us.
*How many people were actually anxious to see the boxing match, the wrestling match or even know anything about the shooting event?
* In cricket we are not doing well,at the same time when we are experiencing one of the best olympics performances.What a co-incidence.
I agree there are general rules such as survival of the fittest, and appreciation after only you have done something great.But here our nationalism is at stake i feel.
A sports person rightly said the other day."Its only once in 4 years when the country remembers us" This is a bitter truth and i don't see any reason to be excited that after around 100 years , one person in a population of billion plus, won a gold medal, in a sporting event many of us aren't even aware of.
Jai Shri Ram!!!