Personal Hygiene :-
1) Hands and Skin
2) Nose, Mouth and Ears
3) Cuts, Boils, and septic spots
4) Reporting of illness
II. Jewellery and perfumes
III. Dress code and uniform (Accessories should be limited)
V. Daily routine (proper system of working)
Personal Grooming Checklist:-
1) Clean Skin, hands, hair
2) Clean Clothes
3) Clean teeth and fresh breath
4) Clean and polished shoes
5) Tidy Hair
6) Ladies Men
1) Make up not too much Shave (If beard, it should be trimmed)
2) Jewellery, Not too much Jewellery – Avoid earrings
3) Nails: Shaped and cleaned Nails: Cut short and cleansed
4) Hair should be styled Hair neatly trimmed
Cleaning of Surroundings: -
Q-1) Why is cleaning necessary?
I. A-1) To improve appearance
II. To preserve the life of the building, fabric etc.
III. To prevent the spread of infections.
Q-2) How do you define cleaning?
A-2) The Word clean may be defined as free from dust, dirt, stains, marks, cobwebs, grease and other unwanted substances.
Dust: It is a light material floating in the air, consisting of fluff, soil, sand etc. They tend to settle on the horizontal surface more than the vertical surface. It is removed by dusting and wiping.
Dirt: -It consists of moisture and dust and usually sticks to the surface. It can be removed by mechanical or chemical means of cleaning.
Stain: A stain is a discoloration on the surface which is not easy to remove. It required immediate action or otherwise chemical methods may need to be used for removal.
Mark: It I any damage done to the original surface. It may require the top layer to be refinished.
Cobwebs: Cobwebs are webs made by insects which can harbor insects, dust and dirt. They must be physically removed.
Grease: -It is stubborn dirt which has a tendency to stick. It must be removed by absorption.
Tarnish: - When metals come in contact with air and moisture or any other reactant. It leads to a chemical process called corrosion. In order to bring back, the metals to its real form, special processes have to be followed like buffing, polishing etc.
Principles of Cleaning: -
1) Use of clean water if possible it should be hot.
2) Use clean clothes, mobs and buckets
3) Use appropriate cleaning agent.
4) Follow instructions carefully when using cleaning agents as too little is ineffective whereas too much becomes sudsy and soapy.
5) Sweep before you dust.
6) Allow time for dust to settle before you begin dusting.