BBA (BB-302) (S05) (O) (LE) (Sem.-3rd)
Total No. of Questions : 13]
(Please fill this Paper ID in OMR sheet)
Time: 03 Hours
Instruction to Candidates :
- Section – A is Compulsory.
- Attempt any Nine questions from Section – B.
- What do you mean by product cost?
- Explain the meaning of cost accounting.
- Why distinction between direct and indirect labour cost is made?
- Give the formula of calculating break even sales.
- Explain the significance of margin of safety.
- What is cost volume profit analysis?
- How margin of safety can be improved?
- How relevant cost is important in taking decision?
- Can marginal costing help in taking the decision of buy or manufacture?
- Define the term Depression.
- What is the purpose of calculating sunk cost?
- Explain standard costing.
- Distinguished between standard cost and estimated cost.
- Explain variance.
- Discuss the importance of reconciliation between budgeted profit and actual profit.
Q2) What are overheads? How they are classified?
Q3) Explain various uses of marginal costing by giving examples.
Q4) Explain the assumptions and uses of break even analysis.
Q5) The sales turnover and profit during two year were as follows.
| 2005 |
| 500000 |
| 450000 |
You are required to calculate P/V ratio.
Q6) A machine manufacture 10000 units of a part at a total cost of Rs. 21 out of which
Rs. 18 is variable. This part is readily available in market at Rs. 19 per unit. If the part is
purchased from market then the machine can be utilized to manufacture a component in
same quantity contributing Rs. 2 per component or it can be hired at Rs. 21000. Recommend
which alternative is profitable.
Q7) Distinguish between indirect expenses and overheads.
Q8) Explain various types of cost which help in decision making.
Q9) Distinguish between sunk and opportunity cost.
Q10) Discuss various types of material variances.
Q11) Given that the cost standards for actual quantity 12 Kg at Rs. 9 per kg. Compute the material
Variances when standard quantity is 15 kg at 10 per kg.
Q12) Explain the format of cost sheet with the help of imaginary figures.
Q13) Differentiate between cost sheet and statement of cost.