Baked Fish With Spinach
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Makes: 8 servings
1 cup cooking oil
1 ½ cup chopped onions
1 ½ cup fresh tomatoes (chopped)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup parsley
½ cup chopped fresh dill (sowa)
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp salt
2tbsp lemon juice
½ kg fresh spinach, chopped &blanched (fresh spinach will ooze out too much water)
1 kg fish, whole (cleaned, washed)
½ cup white wine
1. Saute onions in oil until soft.
2. Add garlic, tomatoes, parsley, dill, salt & pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle fish lightly with salt and lemon juice. Arrange tomato mixture in a baking dish. Lay fish on top and arrange spinach around it.
4. Pour wine over it all. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated 350°C oven for 30 minutes.
5. Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes longer.
6. Serve hot.